Bangladesh Islamic Cente
aitul Mukarram Masjid (BIC) is located in the heart of the Washington D.C. Metro Area. Baitul Mukarram is a non profit 501c(3) organization. The masjid was established in 2002 with the initiative of eleven founding members. BIC is currently governed by a 11-member board of directors.
Our objectives include:
- To foster a Muslim community based on Islamic principles of brotherhood, equality, mutual help, and knowledge transfer.
- To conduct a program of Islamic educations and to organize religious and social activities prescribed by the Qur’an and Sunnah for the benefit of the Muslim community.
- To promote friendly and informed understanding between the Muslim community and the community at large, and to disseminate information on Islamic principles. To cooperate with other Islamic organizations to achieve its goals and objectives, following the law of the land.
- BIC maintains good relations with Christians, the Jewish, Hindus, and other religious groups.
Our Board of Directors
- President: Mohammad A. Quayum
- Vice President(Operation): Shamsul Alam
- Vice President(Development): Miah Minhazuddin
- General Secretary: Abdul Awal
- Assistant General Secretary:: Mohammad Razwan Ahmed
- Treasurer: Mohammad Miraz Islam
- Asstt. Treasurer: MD. Badrul H Chowdhury
- Trustee: Md Naimul Islam
- Trustee: Muhammad Abubakar
- Trustee: Tanzir Ahmed
- Trustee: Mohammad Tofayel Ahmed
Board of Advisory Council Members
- Mohammed Mojibul Haque
- Helal Uddin Ahmed
- Wahid Sajjad
- Haji M. Nurul Amin
- Mohammed Ali